Who We Are
The Educational Quality Improvement (EQI) Office provides expert guidance and resources on the (a) medical school accreditation standards and compliance based on the LCME (Liaison Committee on Medical Education) requirements; (b) continuous quality improvement (CQI) frameworks, benchmarks, goals and outcomes; and (c) national best practices in CQI.
In partnership with the Educational Quality Improvement Strategic Planning (EQISP) Committee and through the CQI Policy, Procedures and Guidelines, the EQI Office ensures the education program fulfills its mission, strategic priorities as determined by the Medical Education Program Strategic Plan (under review and development in 2020) and maintains accreditation compliance. The EQI Office also serves as the administrative arm to the EQISP Committee.
Reflecting the extensive scope of the medical education program, the EQI Office’s collaborative network includes institutional key stakeholders, such as Academic, Rural and Regional Affairs, educational governance committees, Graduate Medical Education Office, Research and Graduate Education, Center for Leadership and Innovation in Medical Education (CLIME) and other entities.
The Associate Dean for Educational Quality Improvement reports to the Vice Dean for Academic, Rural, and Regional Affairs.
The EQI Office manages:
- Systematic oversight of LCME accreditation compliance
- Monitor compliance status of all LCME Elements;
- Coordinate LCME compliance activities across units and teams;
- Oversee and coordinate LCME required accreditation processes, site reviews, consultations, meetings, webinars, and documents including the Data Collection Instrument (DCI); and
- Project management tracking of programmatic CQI initiatives
- Fostering an institutional culture of CQI coaching through programmatic data analysis, monitoring, and reporting of current student satisfaction data and CQI trends
- Educational Quality Improvement Strategic Planning (EQISP) Committee Administration
- Ongoing administrative support to the EQISP Committee
- Monitoring of Strategic Plan outcomes, measures and activities
- Medical Education Policy and Procedure Committee
- Manage and track medical education program policies and provide assistance with policy development
Meet Our Team
Sara Kim, PhD
Associate Dean of EQI &
Research Professor of Surgery
Contact the EQI Office at email@example.com