Below are the We Heard You documents collected from the once a quarter Deans & Friends surveys and meetings. MSA started the We Heard You (WHY) document in 2018 and are planning to continue using it while exploring more efficient ways to communicate, be transparent, and maintain an open and accountable dialogue between students, staff, and faculty.
The Medical Student Association (MSA) serves as a student leadership and service organization with the primary focus of supporting the student body of the University of Washington School of Medicine and representing its interests. This is accomplished through facilitating communication between the medical student body and the administration, assisting on initiatives and projects driven by students, fostering collaboration and institutional memory across UWSOM’s 6 campuses, and promoting activities that benefit the social and service orientation of the students of UWSOM, including but not limited to organization of social events, community service activities, and advocacy efforts.
The MSA chairs lead the MSA and oversee all executive functions of the organization as a whole. They serve as the primary liaison between the MSA and the School of Medicine administration, and provide vision and direction for the MSA board. Students should contact the chairs regarding programs, issues, initiatives, or questions that would affect all medical students regardless of campus and is not specific to a particular WWAMI site.
- Preclinical Chair: Parker Blekkenk (he/his), MS2, Montana, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical Chair: Lily Jeong (she/her), MS4, Seattle, email@example.com
The MSA board develops initiatives and projects to address student needs and interests that affect all sites and/or cohorts. Students should contact the chairs regarding programs, issues, initiatives, or questions that are specific to their site and class.
- WA-Seattle: Albert Ng, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WA-Spokane: Allegra VanderWilde, email@example.com
- WY: Blake Hopkin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- AK: Cory Johannsen, email@example.com
- MT: Hans Munzing, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ID: Sophia DeKlotz, email@example.com
- WA-Seattle: Emily Cox (she/her), firstname.lastname@example.org
- WA-Spokane: Virkamal Dhaliwal, email@example.com
- WY: Caleb Hardt (he/his), firstname.lastname@example.org
- AK: Hope Spargo, email@example.com
- MT: Parker Blekkenk (he/his), firstname.lastname@example.org
- ID: Devin Gaskins, email@example.com
- WA-Seattle: Thamanna Nishath (she/her), firstname.lastname@example.org
- WA-Spokane: Taylor Bozich (she/her), email@example.com
- WY: Trey Thompson (he/his), firstname.lastname@example.org
- AK: Bart Grabman, email@example.com
- MT: Quin Stevens (she/her), firstname.lastname@example.org
- ID: Olivia Do (she/her), email@example.com
- WA-Seattle: Lily Jeong (she/her), firstname.lastname@example.org
- WA-Spokane: Gifti Abbo (she/her), email@example.com
- WY: Heidi Hanekamp, firstname.lastname@example.org
- AK: Jill Carlile, email@example.com
- MT: Adam Whitley (he/his), firstname.lastname@example.org
- ID: Taylor Wilkinson (she/her), email@example.com
Local MSA Representatives
Each WWAMI site elects additional local MSA representatives who generally serve only during the Foundations phase of the curriculum. They work with their respective president to lead programming and initiatives specific to their site and class.
- Vice President: Dominic Min-Tran, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Maianna Dematteis, email@example.com
- Secretary: Sarah Byron, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Coral Bays-Muchmore, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Charlie Brady, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Katherine Dyer, email@example.com
- WWAMI Liaison: Meigan Sobczyk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technology Officer: Shailly Pandey, email@example.com