Academic Support encompasses a broad array of services including learning strategies, test-taking skills, time management, advisement, as well as tutoring. Academic Support provides services that help students understand the greater purpose of their education, develop strategies for success, and develop an appreciation for lifelong learning. By consistently working together, the student and learning specialist work to bring out every student’s personal potential, explore areas of interest, and complete goals.
Academic Support offers the following services:
- Individual Advising
- (USMLE) United States Medical Licensing Exam Support
- Class Presentations
- Academic Workshops
- Peer Tutoring
- Referral Services
Meet the WWAMI Academic Support Team
- Director of Academic Support: Erica Brice, Ph.D. email@example.com (Seattle)
- Alaska: Shannon R. Uffenbeck, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Idaho: Lynda Freeman DHSc., MPH, MBA email@example.com
- Montana: Katie Daughenbaugh, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle: Yvonne Tyler, M.D. email@example.com
- Spokane: Jon Hammermeister, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org; Cicely White, MD email@example.com; Allan Scruggs, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wyoming: April French, Ph.D email@example.com
Meet with a Learning Specialist
Schedule an appointment with a learning specialist
*Clinical students please email your learning specialist if you are having difficulty finding a time to meet due to your clinical schedule.
Contact Academic Support
For general questions or concerns related to advising, tutoring or licensing exams, email our office account at firstname.lastname@example.org.