SOM Financial Aid

The SOM Financial Aid office is in the Health Sciences Building on the fifth floor in the T-Wing (T-557). There are two staff members who serve as liaisons for medical students to the main UW Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).

SOM Financial Aid counselors work exclusively with all WWAMI medical students. We are the best resource for your financial questions during medical school. Due to the unique nature of the medical school curriculum and medical school loans, it is important you always contact our office first with your questions.

Tabitha Jungck, she/her/hers Diane Noecker, she/her/hers
Financial Aid Counselor Director of SOM Financial Aid
Primary counselor for Alaska, Montana, Spokane, and Wyoming Primary counselor for Idaho and Seattle


Information for Prospective Students

If you are applying to UWSOM, visit this webpage for detailed information about financial aid at UW.


Contact SOM Financial Aid

The best way to contact our office for quick questions is to email This email is monitored daily and you can expect to hear back from a SOM Financial Aid Counselor within 5 business days. All medical students should use this email address to first contact our office. If needed, we will refer you to the main UW Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA).


Monday – Wednesday, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. PT

Good for 10-15 minute conversations. Zoom Meeting ID: 984 8751 7197

Open Zoom link for Mon-Wed 5-6 p.m. PT Office Hours

Thursday, 11:00 – 12:00 p.m. PT

Good for 10-15 minute conversations. Zoom Meeting ID: 984 8751 7197

Open Zoom link for Mon-Thurs 11-12 p.m. PT Office Hours

Schedule a 1:1 appointment with a SOM Financial Aid Counselor to discuss:

  • General Questions
  • Increasing Aid
  • Decreasing Aid
  • Personal Budgeting & Building Credit
  • Leave of Absence/Clinical Expansion
  • Admitted Student Questions

All Student Appointments

Please first try to book with the counselor for your Foundations site:

  • Alaska: Tabitha
  • Idaho: Diane
  • Montana: Tabitha
  • Seattle: Diane
  • Spokane:  Tabitha
  • Wyoming: Tabitha


Additional UW Offices

225 Schmitz Hall

The University of Washington participates in the National Clearinghouse and the main Registrar’s Office sends student enrollment information to the National Clearinghouse 10 business days after the official start of each quarter (See Timeline). The National Clearinghouse then sends student enrollment information to participating lenders and servicers shortly after that. Check with your lender or servicer to see if they participate in the National Clearinghouse. You will be able to view this information on the Self-Service Enrollment link in MYUW.

  • Phone: 206.543.8580

105 Schmitz Hall

The main UW Financial Aid office; this office serves the entire UW student population.

​Note: When speaking to any financial aid person not in the School of Medicine Financial Aid Office, please make sure they are aware you are a medical student.

264 Schmitz Hall

Currently, non-resident students (excluding students in the WWAMI regional program) may apply for Washington resident status after they have lived in the state for at least 12 consecutive months as a legal resident. You must obtain a WA driver’s license/state ID, WA car registration, WA voter registration, and establish a bank account in Washington. You must relinquish all valid legal ties (for example, driver’s license, voter registration, etc.) with their former state of residence. See the Residence Classification website for complete details. To apply for Washington resident status or to be reclassified as a Washington resident (for Washington residents who attended college out of state) students must go through the Residence Classification Office.

129 Schmitz ​Hall

Student fiscal services. Promissory Notes for the UW. Short-term loans are also available here.

520 Schmitz Hall

If you have children age 12 or younger who will need child care during the academic year, you may be eligible for child care assistance offered through the University’s Student Parent Resource Center. To be eligible you must be enrolled at UW Seattle, in a program where you pay Service & Activity Fees and meet low-income limitations. Check this early in the year to note any deadlines for priority funding.

HUB Room 327

If you are a Veteran of the US military, you can find resources at the Veterans Center. This office provides financial aid counseling and assists students with VA educational benefits.