UWSOM has implemented remote exam proctoring for all Foundations exams and clerkship exams (NBME exams and Aquifer exams) since the COVID-19 pandemic started. We have adopted a protocol for remote proctoring based on requirements and recommendations from NBME and Aquifer. Students will take the exams on their own computers in a private place and use a separate device (laptop/phone/tablet) to log in to a Zoom meeting. Once in the Zoom meeting, you will be assigned to a breakout room with around 15 students and one proctor. All proctors will be UW or WWAMI employees. The Zoom sessions will not be recorded, except for the Aquifer exams.
Things to do Prior to the Exam Day
Getting Zoom ready
- Make sure your Zoom account is the HIPAA version.
- Download the Zoom app to the device you plan to run Zoom on during the exam.You must use the Zoom app because the browser version does not work well with breakout rooms.
- Practice log in to a Zoom meeting from this device. Instructions for Zoom setup can be found here.
Getting the testing software ready
- Foundations exams will be given on Examplify. Check the updates regularly, and run a demo test if necessary. Examplify instructions can be found here.
- For any NBME exams, you must certify your personal computer prior to the exam day. Instructions for NBME workstation certification can be found here.
Confirm the exam info
- The time for Foundations exams will be published on Elentra. Note that the start time frequently changes depending on the local schedule, so please make sure to check the time before each exam day.
- Clerkship students will receive the exam time from email@example.com via email.
- Specific exam information including the Zoom meeting ID, password, and your proctor’s contact information will be sent to you at least one day before the exam. Please have those information handy on the exam day. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive the email as you should.
Read the student instructions
Read the Remote Exam Proctoring Instructions for Students. Make sure you have everything you need for the upcoming exam.