Students who undertake research as part of a funded program may use these projects to fulfill their III requirement. If applying to one of these programs, you must still submit a Scholarship of Discovery proposal. These programs include, but are not limited to:
- Harborview’s Injury Prevention & Research Center (INSIGHT)
- Medical Student Training in Aging Research (MSTAR)
- Division of Rheumatology Summer Research Program (Rheumatology)
- UW Medical Student Addiction Research Training Program (MedStAR) Application: Link
More opportunities, including summer projects outside of UW as well as year-long projects, can be found here:
- Funded opportunities – 2021. *Please note that research that takes place outside of the WWAMI region does not qualify for the III relocation fund.
Note: For funded research opportunities that take place within the WWAMI region, you qualify for the III relocation fund if you are registered for III and are relocating from one Foundations site to another. The relocation fund application will open in April. More information will be available and sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org in the Spring. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you choose to apply to these programs, please note that they have their own application and reporting procedures that you will need to complete in addition to those required by the Scholarship of Discovery Project Proposal and requirements.