Students who undertake research as part of a funded program may use these projects to fulfill their III requirement. If applying to one of these programs, you must still submit a Scholarship of Discovery proposal. These programs include, but are not limited to:
- Harborview’s Injury Prevention & Research Center (INSIGHT)
- Medical Student Training in Aging Research (MSTAR)
- Division of Rheumatology Summer Research Program (Rheumatology)
- UW Medical Student Addiction Research Training Program: For more information, please visit their website by clicking here.
More opportunities, including summer projects outside of UW as well as year-long projects, can be found here:
- Research Database MS1-MS4 ****Please note that research that takes place outside of the WWAMI region does not qualify for the III relocation fund. In addition, please note that applications may require a letter of good standing. Please inquire with Student Affairs 3-4weeks ahead of time for letters to be processed****
Note: For funded research opportunities that take place within the WWAMI region, you qualify for the III relocation fund if you are registered for III and are relocating from one Foundations site to another. The relocation fund application will open in April. More information will be available and sent via email from email@example.com in the Spring. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If you choose to apply to these programs, please note that they have their own application and reporting procedures that you will need to complete in addition to those required by the Scholarship of Discovery Project Proposal and requirements.
***Website updated Oct 5th, 2023****