MS3 Class Information – Sept. 14, 2023

ICYMI: AMBOSS discount expires TODAY, Thursday, Sept. 14

UWSOM has partnered with AMBOSS to offer a UW student discount. To purchase your subscription to AMBOSS, use this link. You will be provided with a discounted rate of 20 percent on a 6-month or 1-year subscription (or for the duration of your student role, if you choose).

This discount expires TODAY, Thursday, Sept. 14, 2023. You can purchase it now and activate it at any time within the next six months. If you miss this opportunity, you may not have another opportunity to purchase discounted AMBOSS subscriptions this academic year.

ICYMI: Confirm your registration status by Sept. 14

Important update from Registration and Scheduling: Students taking clinical clerkships during Autumn Quarter 2023. You must log in to MyUW and verify your registration for CONJ 699 for Autumn Quarter 2023 by 3 p.m. AK, 4 p.m. PT and 5 p.m. MT on Thursday, Sept. 14, 2023.

What will happen if you don’t do this:

• If you are not registered but should be: You will not be enrolled in courses for the Autumn 2023 quarter, which begins on Monday, Sept. 18, 2023. Without registering, you will not receive credit for the courses, they will not appear on your transcript, and you will not be on track to graduate.
  • If you are registered but should not be: You will be charged for courses you do not attend and may receive a failing grade.

Learn more here about what you need to do.

ICYMI: Career Advising Office Hours update

Until Oct. 3, the career advisors are very busy in 1-1 meetings with MS4s and prepping for fall advising. Career advisors are not able to meet with other students during this time. If you have an urgent question or issue, please email medadv@uw.edu  and a career advisor will try to get back to you within five days. The team thanks you for your patience and understanding.

“Tip of the Month” from the Career Advising Student Advisory Board

You’re about a year out from your Residency Application  submission!

Still deciding on a specialty? That’s OK! Most students are in the same boat as you, and you have time to decide. Take the AAMC Careers in Medicine Self-Assessments  and schedule an October or November meeting with your career advisor. Be sure to select the appointment type MS3 4th Year Planning (25 min) here: https://uwsom-careeradv.12twenty.com/SignUp/Student.

Decided on a specialty? Think about what you can be doing this year to enhance your application. This can depend on your specialty, so talk with your career advisor to see if this means research, volunteering or leadership.

• Reviewed by Career Advising Student Advisory BIPOC board member L’Oreal Kennedy. Originally written by BIPOC alum Shanelle Briggs.
In case you missed it, here is the previous issue of the student newsletter for MS3s.

Have a wonderful week!