A greeting and invitation from Career Advising
Hello MS1s! The career advisors now invite you to schedule your required 1-1 appointment. First-year students will meet with their career advisor any time February to late May.
You do not need to schedule right away, as it is important to schedule at a time that complements your academic studies, and there are also a lot of you to meet with in the next four months! Thank you for your patience, and please email your career advisor directly if you can’t find a time that works for your schedule in the coming months.
Your next steps:
- Schedule your appointment in CAS: https://uwsom-careeradv.12twenty.com/SignUp/Student
- Before your appointment, please complete these two AAMC Careers in Medicine self assessments. MSPI (Medical Specialty Preference Inventory) and PVIPS (Physician Values in Practice Scale). You’ll need about 40 minutes total. Log back into CAS and upload your two assessment reports to your appointment. Your career advisor will be reviewing them before your appointment.
- Review the following website content. You’ll need about 15-20 minutes total.
We look forward to meeting with you in the months ahead.
- Linh (MT, AK & Olympic College)
- Sarah: (WY & Cascade College)
- Tonja: (ID & SPKN)
Winter Quarter 2022 MS1 Class Meeting Save the Date
We will be holding the Winter Quarter 2022 WWAMI-wide class meeting with the MS1s on Wednesday, February 23.
- Mountain Time: 7:30-8:30 pm
- Pacific Time: 6:30-7:30pm
- Alaska Time: 5:30-6:30pm
An email will be sent out with the Zoom information in the near future and this will be included in your Elentra calendar.
Curriculum Vitae Group Review Sessions by Career Advising
Every Friday from 11-11:30 am AK, 12:00-12:30 pm PT, 1-1:30 pm MT
These interactive group sessions are a great way to further develop your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and be well prepared for residency application. You will submit your draft CV at the time of registering for the session. Career Advisors will provide you with individualized feedback after you attend the group session.
Career Advising Student Advisory Board
If you would like, you can now schedule your initial career advising and exploration meeting here. Taking time for career exploration early on will be super beneficial. Explore their website and bring questions for your career advisor!
Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member, Shanelle Briggs, and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.
In case you missed it: