MS1 Class Information – Jan. 27, 2022

MS1 Introduction to Career Planning TODAY (if you’re seeing this Thursday)

Please join Linh, Tonja and Sarah, for this session on setting yourself up for success in career planning from Foundations through to Match. We will spend the last 15 mins doing Q&A so please bring your questions!

WHO: MS1s from SEA, Spokane, Alaska, Montana, Idaho (WY already had a session)

WHEN: Thursday, January 27, 5:30-6:15 PM Pacific/4:30-5:15 PM Alaska/6:30-7:15 PM Mountain

ZOOMhttps://washington.zoom.us/j/94367873002

WEBSITEhttps://education.uwmedicine.org/career-advising/

The MS1 Career Planning seminar will be recorded and distributed to the MS1 class. Please contact Sarah Thomson, Director of Career Advising, with questions.

Winter Quarter 2022 MS1 Class Meeting Save the Date

We will be holding the Winter Quarter 2022 WWAMI-wide class meeting with the MS1s on Wednesday, February 23.

• Mountain Time: 7:30-8:30 pm
  • Pacific Time: 6:30-7:30pm
  • Alaska Time: 5:30-6:30pm

An email will be sent out with the Zoom information in the near future and this will be included in your Elentra calendar.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month

We hope you had a restful winter break! CPR can be a demanding block, so we know you’re busy studying and ironing out your summer projects. This month’s tip is to remember that all the physicians teaching and mentoring you at this stage are great resources even beyond the classroom. Get to know your small group leads! You can always ask them about what their specialty is like and how they decided on a specialty when they were in your shoes!

Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member, Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.

In case you missed it:

Here is a link to the Jan. 20, 2022 Student Newsletter Information for MS1s.