MS3 Class Information – Aug. 24, 2023

Apply for the Governance Committee

You have until tomorrow, Friday, Aug. 25, to to apply as a student representative in the clinical phases with the UWSOM Governance Committee.

Decisions impacting the curriculum and your student experience are voted on in these committees.  This is a great opportunity for you to get involved and share your unique perspective as a clinical phase student. You can learn more in this document about the Governance Committee.

Open seats include:

Patient Care Phase Committee:

• One student who has completed the Patient Care Phase via traditional clerkships.
  • One student who has completed the Patient Care Phase via the WWAMI Track program.
  • One student who has completed the Patient Care Phase via a Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship (LIC): i.e., Olympia LIC, WWAMI Rural Integrated Training Experience (WRITE), or Targeted Rural Underserved Track (TRUST).

Explore & Focus Phase Committee:

• Three students who have completed the Patient Care Phase.

Program Evaluation & Assessment Committee (PEAC):

• One student in the clinical phase.

Please complete this application by tomorrow, Friday, Aug. 25.

Update about meetings with Career Advising

From mid-August to Oct.3, the career advisors are very busy in 1-1 meetings with MS4s and prepping for fall advising. The team is not able to meet with other students during this time.

If you have an urgent question, please email medadv@uw.edu and a career advisor will get back to you soon. You are welcome to bring quick questions to Office Hours – but if your question can wait until after Oct. 3, that would help free up time for MS4s and the career advisors. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

“Tip of the Month” from the Career Advising Student Advisory Board

The Career Tip of the Month will return in September. 

In case you missed it, here is the previous issue of the student newsletter for MS3s.

Have a wonderful week!