Act now to meet important deadlines for Patient Care Phase clerkships and N95s
A message from the Compliance team: This message is intended for students beginning or continuing in Patient Care Phase (PCP) clerkships in the academic year (AY) 2023-24.
In-person N95 fit testing is required for all students who will be in PCP clerkships. The deadline for completing this requirement is March 31, 2023, regardless of when you are starting your first clerkship. However, please order your N95s NOW so you can receive them in the mail prior to March 1.
There are a number of important tasks and deadlines: Read the full post here.
AAMC hosts Virtual Specialty Forum
The annual Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Virtual Specialty Forum is Thursday, March 23. The three-hour session starts at 9 a.m. AK, 10 a.m. PT and 11 a.m. MT.
The forum will inform first- and second-year medical students about specialties and specialty information. This free event enables students to chat directly with representatives such as program directors, residents and faculty, from more than 17 specialties and AAMC staff through a live session and a virtual exhibit hall.
Information and recordings will be archived and accessible to registered students who cannot attend the live event. Registration is now open.
Apply by Friday, Feb. 17, for the Magnuson Scholars Program
- Sponsor: Warren G. Magnuson Institute for Biomedical Research and Health Professions Training
- School of Medicine internal deadline: Feb. 17, 2023
- Funding per scholar: About $32,000
- Want to know more? Read the full post about this program here.
UWORLD offers discount to students if they sign up by Tuesday, Feb. 14
A notice from Academic Support: UWORLD has offered our students a discount for six-month, one-year or two-year Step 2 CK question bank subscriptions. Prices shown on the website are at the discounted price. This link is active through Feb. 14.
- Visit the UWSOM UWORLD discount landing page: https://webforms.uworld.com/l/875311/2022-12-05/3989g7
- Provide your name, UW email address and choose your Step 2 CK subscription choice
UWORLD is not offering adjustments or discounts on previously purchased subscriptions. If you have questions, please contact UWORLD here.
- To learn more about the UWORLD Step 2 CK question bank and its features please visit: https://medical.uworld.com/usmle/usmle-step-2-ck/
- To access the UWORLD Step 2 CK question bank demo please visit: https://www.uworld.com/courseapp/usmle/v4/demo/welcome/2
Career Advising Student Advisory Board Tip of the Month
You’re almost done with the Patient Care Phase! Ideally, you have narrowed down your career choices to one to two specialties with a secondary specialty until fourth- year if one of the specialties is not family medicine (FM), pediatrics (Peds), or internal medicine (IM). Meet with UWSOMOM Career Advising and/or your specialty career advisor to review competitiveness, MS4 electives, and, for a few specialties, away rotation planning. If you want to do an away rotation, get your CV updated!
- Reviewed by Career Advising Student Advisory BIPOC board member L’Oreal Kennedy. Originally written by BIPOC alum Shanelle Briggs.
In case you missed it, here is the previous newsletter for MS2s.
Have a great week!