NRMP match applicant standard registration deadline is Jan. 31
Jan. 31 at 7:59 pm. AK, 8:59 p.m. PM, 9 p.m. MT is the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) match applicant registration deadline for paying a lower fee. Applicants who complete registration after that deadline must pay an additional $50 late fee (for a $120 total fee). You can register now in the R3 system on the NRMP website.
Key dates announced for the rest of the year
We are excited to announce the dates for some key 2023 events. Note that individual venue policies and public health rules will continue to determine things like capacity limits and required health screenings/vaccination requirements. We will continue to monitor public health guidelines and venue policies and will update you closer to the respective event dates.
2023 Residency Match Dates
- Mid-December 2022: Military match
- February 1, 2023: Ophthalmology match
- February 2, 2023: Urology match
- Monday, March 13, 2023: SOAP begins at 7am Pacific time
- Thursday, March 16, 2023: SOAP concludes at 6pm Pacific time
- Friday, March 17, 2023: NRMP match occurs at 9am Pacific time; events will be held in Anchorage, Boise, Bozeman, Seattle, and Spokane.
2023 Physician’s Oath & Hooding Ceremony (School of Medicine event)
- Date: Saturday, May 27, 2023
- Event Time: 1:30-4 p.m. PT
- Location: Benaroya Hall, Seattle, WA
- Number of Guest Tickets per Graduate: 7
Student registration for the POHC will open after Match Day.
2023 UW Commencement (University-wide event – official graduation)
- Date: Saturday, June 10, 2023
- Location: Husky Stadium
- Organized by: UW Office of Ceremonies
- Registration for this event is coordinated by main campus and typically opens in early May.
Open scheduling starts tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 27, at 8 a.m. AK, 9 a.m. PT, 10 a.m. MT
Open scheduling – sometimes known as add/drop – is the process of making changes to your Explore and Focus (E&F) schedule. To make a schedule change request, use the Clinical Schedule Change Form. To access the form, click on the link inside the email you’re scheduled to receive tomorrow (Friday) at the times listed above from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “OPEN SCHEDULING HAS BEGUN”.
You must use the Clinical Schedule Change Form to request any schedule changes. Emails will not substitute for the form.
Requests submitted before the official start time of open scheduling time will be deleted and will not be made.
Very, very (very) important details may be found in an email scheduled to be sent to your class on Thursday and also under the E&F Scheduling section on the SOM Registration and Records website.
In case you missed it, here is the previous newsletter for MS4s.