Pathway application deadline extended to Dec. 15, 2022
The deadline has been extended; learn more about Pathways here:
- Black Health Justice Pathway https://depts.washington.edu/hcequity/black-health-justice-pathway/
- Latinx Health Pathway: https://depts.washington.edu/hcequity/latinx-health-pathway/
- LGBTQI+ Health Pathway: https://depts.washington.edu/hcequity/lgbtq-health-pathway/
- Indian Health Pathway: https://depts.washington.edu/hcequity/indian-health-pathway/
After you open the link, click on “Apply for Pathway” on the main pathway website.
Meanwhile, non-clinical electives sponsored by the Office of Healthcare Equity for Winter 2023 are filling up.
- Requirement for the LGBTQ Health Pathway: Tuesday evenings, CONJ 570 Clinical Management of Transgender Patients, 80 minutes, starting 4:30 p.m. AK, 5:30 p.m. PT, 6:30 p.m. MT from Tuesdays Jan. 3 to March 7, 2023. Likely meeting on Zoom.
- Requirement for the Indian Health Pathway: UCONJ 530 Issues in Indian Health: Past, Present & Future, 80 minutes, starting 4:30 p.m. AK, 5:30 p.m. PT, 6:30 p.m. MT on Thursdays, Jan. 5 to March 9, 2023.
Applications for III (Independent Investigative Inquiry) are open
Applications for the “Triple I” (Rural Underserved Opportunities Program (RUOP), Global Health Immersion Program (GHIP), Scholarship of Discovery (SoD) and Scholarship of Integration (SoI) are open. Applications close on Jan. 4, 2023.
- General RUOP application
- TRUST RUOP/WRITE application
- Global Health Immersion Program (GHIP) application
- Please see this document to complete the application
- Scholarship Discovery and Integration student application & SOD/SOI Directory of Faculty Projects
Please keep in mind the following:
- If you are applying to GHIP you should also apply to RUOP (as a backup plan)
- If you are interested in doing the four-week clinical portion of RUOP in addition to doing a Discovery or Integration project, you need to fill out both the RUOP and SOD/SOI applications and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to further discuss the RUOP/SOD/SOI hybrid option
Career Advising Student Advisory Board Tip of the Month
Winter break is a great time for early specialty exploration! Did you get a chance to take the specialty assessment we suggested last month? If so, now you can check out the AAMC CiM Specialties Profiles and see things like the five most frequently encountered conditions for each specialty.
To explore specialties even further, go to Career Advising’s career and specialty exploration podcasts and videos. Having this data will be super helpful for when Career Advisors have time to meet with you starting in January!
- Reviewed by Career Advising Student Advisory BIPOC board member L’Oreal Kennedy. Originally written by BIPOC alum Shanelle Briggs.
In case you missed it, here is the previous MS1 newsletter.
Have a great week!