Introduction to Career Planning Sessions in Seattle and Wyoming
Your career advisor looks forward to seeing you in person for an hourlong session designed to set you up for success in career planning from Foundations to the Match.
- In Wyoming: Tuesday, Dec. 6, 11:45 a.m. MT
- In Seattle: Thursday, Dec. 8, Noon PT. (Health Sciences Building T-747).
These sessions have already been held in Spokane, Alaska, Montana and Idaho.
As you are making decisions about extracurriculars, Triple I projects, and thinking about how to approach your specialty and career exploration, career advisors will provide you with information to help you make the most informed choices. Bring your questions!
These sessions will address:
- Extracurriculars, research & Triple I
- MS1-MS4 career planning milestones and key resources for career and specialty exploration
- Preparation for your 1:1 MS1 Career Advising appointment (these take place in Winter and Spring 2023)
Career Advising Student Advisory Board Tip of the Month
Winter break is a great time for early specialty exploration! Did you get a chance to take the specialty assessment we suggested last month? If so, now you can check out the AAMC CiM Specialties Profiles and see things like the five most frequently encountered conditions for each specialty.
To explore specialties even further, go to Career Advising’s career and specialty exploration podcasts and videos. Having this data will be super helpful for when Career Advisors have time to meet with you starting in January!
- Reviewed by Career Advising Student Advisory BIPOC board member L’Oreal Kennedy. Originally written by BIPOC alum Shanelle Briggs.
In case you missed it, here is the previous MS1 newsletter.
Have a great week!