MS4 Class Information – June 2, 2022

Sign up for ‘Repayment Strategies for Graduating Medical School Students’

Register for the June 10th FIRST Friday Webinar from the AAMC on Repayment Strategies for Graduating Medical School Students.

The talk will be June 10, 2022, 10 a.m. AK, 11 a.m. PT, noon MT

During this webinar, experts  will answer your questions and discuss the following topics:

* Repayment plan options

* Postponing repayment

* Consolidation and refinancing

Final update: AAMC Graduation Questionnaire and Explore & Focus Phase Survey

From Sara Kim, Associate Dean for Educational Quality Improvement: It was such a privilege to celebrate you in person and via Zoom at the Physician Oath and Hooding Ceremony!

In past years, we have had a number of students continue to complete the surveys so I am counting on those of you who haven’t had a chance to get to the surveys to please help us out!!  We will do the incentive drawings as soon as the GQ survey closes on this Saturday, June 4. Please see the near final updates of where the response rates currently stand.

I thank each of you for your time and good luck with your career ahead!

AAMC GRADUATION QUESTIONNAIRE (GQ)

We are at 62 percent, a slight increase over last week’s 61 percent. The national average remains at 72 percent. It looks like Montana will remain the cohort with the highest response rate of 74.1 percent (no change from last week), followed by Spokane (68.3 percent, up 1.6 percentage points), Wyoming (61.9 percent, no change), Seattle (59.4 percent, up 2.1 percentage points), Alaska (55.6 percent, no change), and Idaho (55 percent, no change)

Look for the survey link sent by the AAMC on May 1 and June 1 (GQ@aamc.org). If you need to finish the survey you started, please use the code the system had generated for you.

Incentives:

• Four $50 items you select from Amazon
  • Sixteen $25 items you select from Amazon
  • Three $50-value WWAMI gift packs

We will randomly draw student names and if yours is chosen, we will request from you the AAMC receipt of survey completion. Please keep a record of it!

EXPLORE & FOCUS PHASE SURVEY

We had a slight increase in the response rate from last week and the rate now stands at 68.6 percent.  I am holding out the hope that we can still achieve 70 percent! The survey link was sent from eqi@uw.edu on Tuesday, and incentives are listed below.

Incentives:

• Two $50 items you select from Amazon
  • Twelve $25 items you select from Amazon
  • One $50-value WWAMI gift pack

Thank you for your time and participation in the surveys.

In case you missed it:

Here is a link to the May 26, 2022 Weekly Student Newsletter information for MS4s.