MS4 Class Information – April 28, 2022

Award available for student involved in behavior health, psychiatry

A message from the Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Department: We are announcing an award for fourth-year medical students. The Margaret O’Donnell Prize is awarded to a senior medical student who has been highly involved in behavior health issues and done outstanding academic work in psychiatry. Attributes considered during selection include clinical skills, community support, community development, scholarship, and research with an emphasis on work done since matriculation. There is a $600 monetary prize associated with the award.

An email will be coming soon on the fourth-year listserv with the subject line of The Margaret O’Donnell Prize in Psychiatry. The email will have the application form attached. We look forward to your applications!

Your survey response will help the School of Medicine improve. Please take the survey

From Sara Kim, Associate Dean for Educational Quality Improvement: Looking at this week’s survey response rates, I would like to start my weekly update by rekindling your WHY: Why should you complete the AAMC Graduation Questionnaire and Explore & Focus Phase survey?

Your input is critically important to this year’s status reports to the LCME (Liaison Committee on Medical Education). The LCME governs tmedical school accreditation. More importantly, your voices in the form of ratings and comments are widely shared with the medical school leaders, faculty, and the students themselves as part of the broader continuous quality improvement endeavors.

With that in mind, I thank each of you who took the time to complete the survey. Below are this week’s updates.

AAMC GRADUATION QUESTIONNAIRE (GQ)

Response Rates:

This week, we are at 52.5 percent, a slight increase from last week’s rate of 50.2 percent.

Looking at the regional data, Wyoming is leading with 61.9 percent in the response rate and the only campus with a percentage increase over the past week. Other campuses’ response rates remain the same: Seattle, 54.2 percent, Spokane, 54 percent, Montana, 48.1 percent, Idaho, 47.5 percent, and Alaska 44.4 percent.

AAMC sends the survey link to your email (Contact GQ@aamc.org to request the link). A reminder email was sent on April 1 to your email address.

Incentives:

• Four $50 items you select from Amazon
  • Sixteen $25 items you select from Amazon
  • Three $50-value WWAMI gift packs

We will randomly draw student names and if yours is chosen, we will request from you the AAMC receipt of survey completion. Please keep a record of it!

Survey Link:

AAMC sends the survey link to your email (contact GQ@aamc.org to request the link). A reminder email was sent on April 1 to your email address.

Explore & Focus Phase Survey

Response Rates:

This week’s response rate is 58.1 percent, an increase of 1.2 percentage points over the past week. The survey link is sent every Tuesday via email by eqi@uw.edu, and it only takes 10 minutes to complete the survey!

Incentives:

• Two $50 items you select from Amazon
  • Twelve $25 items you select from Amazon
  • One $50-value WWAMI gift pack

Survey Link:

You have and will continue to receive a survey link directly via email every Tuesday.  Your email address is only used for tracking purposes and your responses will remain anonymous.

Thank you for your time and participation in the surveys.

In case you missed it:

Here is a link to the April 21, 2022 Weekly Student Newsletter information for MS4s.