MS1 Class Information – April 28, 2022

Response rate rising on the survey: Thank you!

You could win up to a $50 item

A message from Sara Kim, Associate Dean for Educational Quality Improvement: You continue to help raise the response rate significantly! We are at 63.5 percent this week which is a 12 percentage point jump from last week. Your input is crucially important to the medical school’s continuous quality improvement endeavors and maintaining the school’s accreditation.

Here is the regional breakdown of the response rates. Wyoming is still at 90 percent; if two more of you were to complete the survey, your class will be at 100 percent participation! This week’s shoutouts go to both Spokane and Montana. Spokane rate is at 70 percent (18.3 percentage point increase) and Montana also at 70 percent (16.7 percentage point increase). Next, Seattle students are at 58.2 percent (an increase of 11.3 percentage points), followed by Alaska at 50 percent (an increase of 11.1), and Idaho, 55 percent (an increase of 5 percentage points). Well done for these steady rates!

The survey link is emailed to you directly from eqi@uw.edu. Please know we only use your email addresses for tracking survey completion; your responses are anonymous.

Please see the survey incentives below.

We are offering the following incentives via a drawing:

• Two $50 gifts (Student-selected item on Amazon)
  • Twelve $25 gifts (Student-selected item on Amazon)

Thank you for your help with reaching a response rate of 80 percent.

Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month

We hope you enjoyed Spring break! Now that you’re almost done with MS1, use your AAMC account to take this fun assessment and see what specialty you might fit well in. If you already have the results, discuss them with your career advisor and college mentor. Let your results help guide your summer research, online career exploration, informational interviews, shadowing, etc.

Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.

In case you missed it: Here is a link to the April 21, 2022 Student Newsletter Information for MS1s.