MS1 Class Information – April 21, 2022

Here’s more encouragement to take the MS1 survey

You could win up to a $50 item

A message from Sara Kim, Associate Dean for Educational Quality Improvement: Thank you to all of you who completed the survey and helped raise the survey response rate to 51.3 percent, a 19-percentage point jump! This is probably the single biggest increase I have seen over a one-week period.

At the regional campus level, Wyoming is leading the way with 90 percent of the class completing the survey. This is an increase of 80 percent in a week. Outstanding! Other campuses are also making big strides: Montana, 53.3 percent vs. 40 percent last week, Spokane, 51.7 percent vs. 20 percent, Idaho, 50 percent vs. 28.9 percent, Seattle, 46.9 percent (last week’s rate had to be adjusted), and Alaska, 38.9 percent vs. 5.6 percent.

This means many students at every campus took the time to complete the survey. Thank you so much.

The survey link is emailed to you directly from eqi@uw.edu. Please know we only use your email addresses for tracking survey completion; your responses are anonymous.

Please see the survey incentives below.

We are offering the following incentives via a drawing:

• Two $50 gifts (Student-selected item on Amazon)
  • Twelve $25 gifts (Student-selected item on Amazon)

Thank you for your help with reaching a response rate of 80 percent.

Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month

We hope you enjoyed Spring break! Now that you’re almost done with MS1, use your AAMC account to take this fun assessment and see what specialty you might fit well in. If you already have the results, discuss them with your career advisor and college mentor. Let your results help guide your summer research, online career exploration, informational interviews, shadowing, etc.

Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.

In case you missed it: Here is a link to the April 14, 2022 Student Newsletter Information for MS1s.