MS1 Class Information – April 14, 2022

Please take the MS1 survey if you haven’t yet 

You could win up to a $50 item

A message from Sara Kim, Associate Dean for Educational Quality Improvement: I thank each of you who took the time to complete the MS1 survey. The survey fulfills an important role towards the medical school’s accreditation status reports to the LCME (Liaison Committee on Medical Education). I will be providing a weekly update on the survey response status.

Within a week, we have already exceeded the 30 percent response rate (at 32.3 percent as of April 12). What is remarkable is that 48.5 percent of Seattle students and 40 percent of Montana students completed the survey. In my handling of student surveys over the past years, I haven’t seen this type of a high response rate so early in the survey administration. Other campuses are also off to a great start: Idaho (28.9 percent), Spokane (20 percent), Wyoming (10 percent), and Alaska (5.6 percent). Thank you all!

The survey link is emailed to you directly from eqi@uw.edu. Please know we only use your email addresses for tracking survey completion; your responses are anonymous.

Please see the survey incentives below.

We are offering the following incentives via a drawing:

• Two $50 gifts (Student-selected item on Amazon)
  • Twelve $25 gifts (Student-selected item on Amazon)

Thank you for your help with reaching a response rate of 80 percent.

Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month

We hope you enjoyed Spring break! Now that you’re almost done with MS1, use your AAMC account to take this fun assessment and see what specialty you might fit well in. If you already have the results, discuss them with your career advisor and college mentor. Let your results help guide your summer research, online career exploration, informational interviews, shadowing, etc.

Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.

In case you missed it: Here is a link to the April 7, 2022 Student Newsletter Information for MS1s.