MS3 Class Information – April 7, 2022

Step 2 CK Workshop

Academic Support will be holding a Step 2 CK Workshop (featuring Career Advising) on Wednesday, April 13, 2022 that will cover: exam content, study plans, study resources, Academic Support services, Career Advising services and more. If you are unable to attend, the presentation will be recorded and associated slides available on the Academic Support website.

Presenters: Dr. Erica Brice (Academic Support), Dr. Yvonne Tyler (Academic Support) and Tonja Brown (Career Advising)

When: Wednesday, April 13, 2022

• 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. AK
  • 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. PT
  • 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. MT

Where:   https://washington.zoom.us/j/93352192615

A study of provider behavior with a $50 incentive 

Dear students,   We are seeking third- and fourth-year medical students to participate in groundbreaking research exploring the relationship between personality factors and provider behavior in telehealth visits, with the aim of improving quality of care. Eligible respondents will complete three online surveys and conduct two virtual standardized patient exams.  

This study will take no more than 1.5 hours and you will be compensated $50 for completion.  

If you are interested in participating in our study, please click here to receive more information and participate:https://uwartsandsciences.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6yzh5AxhS0RvHRb. 

You may also email uw.telemedicine.study@gmail.com if you have questions! 

With appreciation, The Center for the Science of Social Connection 

Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month

The away rotation application has opened! If you’re planning to apply:

1. Don’t forget to plan for a letter of recommendation. Ask your specialty advisor about the best person to get a letter from.
  2. Now is a good time to polish up your CV! Need help? Check out Career Advising’s CV page for videos, templates, and to register for a CV Group Review Session.

Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.

In case you missed it:

Here is a link to the March 31, 2022 Student Newsletter information for MS3s.