MS4 Class Information – March 3, 2022

Winter Quarter 2022 MS4 Class Meeting TONIGHT

We will be holding the Winter Quarter 2022 WWAMI-wide class meeting with the MS4s on Thursday, March 3.

• Mountain Time: 7 to 8 p.m.
  • Pacific Time: 6 to 7 p.m.
  • Alaska Time: 5 to 6 p.m.

Here is the Zoom link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/95440916969

Action Required: Match/SOAP Planning Survey Due Sunday, March 6 

All graduating 2022 students including the early matches need to fill out the Match/SOAP planning survey before 11:59 p.m. PT (that’s 10:59 p.m. AK and 12:59 a.m. MT) on Sunday, March 6. This survey includes an RSVP to the school-hosted match ceremonies and some SOAP-related questions that you will be required to fill out. Automated reminders will be sent throughout the week and weekend by Catalyst to all students who have not completed the survey.

For MS4s applying in Match 2022 – SOAP Prep Reminders

First, if you didn’t receive the number of interviews you had originally aimed for, or if you want to understand how SOAP works, please watch the Feb. 18 SOAP Prep Session recording. The slide deck for this session is available here. This session was hosted by the Specialty Career Advisors in General Surgery, Internal Medicine and Family Medicine with Student Affairs and Career Advising. More information about SOAP can be found on the Career Advising SOAP webpage and you can email us with questions, medadv@uw.edu.

Second, the AAMC and NRMP will host a joint webinar to provide an overview of the SOAP process. Here is more information:

When: 9 a.m. AK, 10 a.m. PT, 11 a.m. MT on Thursday, March 10.

Sign up here: Register Now

The session will cover:

• NRMP SOAP Eligibility Requirements
  • Communication Rules During SOAP
  • ERAS Preparation for SOAP
  • ERAS SOAP Requirements
  • ERAS SOAP Application Process
  • Match Week Timeline and SOAP Offer Rounds
  • NRMP SOAP Data

AAMC Loan Repayment Webinar – Recording and Slide Deck Now Available

The recording and slide deck from last week’s AAMC Loan Repayment Webinar is now available on the MS4 Graduating Students webpage. A second webinar will be held on Tuesday, March 29 from 5-6:30 pm PT. The same information will be presented at the second webinar. If you have questions after watching the Feb. 17 recording, please attend on March 29 so you can ask your questions live.

SOM Exit Interviews – Sign Up Now

Sign-ups are open for SOM exit interviews. These 20-minute appointments are strongly recommended for all graduating MS4s with more than $150,000 of debt.

Exit Interview Appointment Overview:

Instructions Prior to SOM exit interview:

1. Gather login information and set-up three accounts: (30 min)

2. Review Education Debt Management for Graduating Students booklet (free download) (15-30 min)
3. Upload loan data to Medloans Organizer and Calculator (15-30 min)
4. Attend or watch a recording of AAMC Loan Repayment Webinar (1.5 hours)
5. Complete page 1 of SOM exit interview worksheet (5 min)

You must bring this worksheet to your exit interview. If you are not prepared, you will need to reschedule.

In case you missed it:

Here is a link to the Feb. 24, 2022 Weekly Student Newsletter information for MS4s.