All medical students are registered for the ‘Epic Orders IP/OP Medical Student‘ training bundle for when/if required to access the Epic EHR system at any of the following UW Medicine facilities:
- UW Medical Center – Montlake
- UW Medical Center – Northwest
- Harborview Medical Center
- UW Neighborhood Clinics
- UW Specialty Clinics
This training is required in order to receive access to Epic.
Login to the UW Learning Hub with your NetID account and click on the Learner Dashboard icon. You will see all modules of the training bundle you’ve been registered for, listed with a Start button on the right hand side of the screen.
You can also search (F1) for any of these specialty training bundles:
- Medical Student Anesthesia Rotation
- Medical Student Cardiology Rotation
- Medical Student Emergency Rotation
- Medical Student Obstetric Rotation
- Medical Student Oncology Rotation
- Medical Student Surgery Rotation
- Medical Student Epic Go Mobile
Student can expect to be able to access Epic in 3-business days after completing training.
How to get Clinical Access
*A manager must sponsor clinical access for a student in order for Epic access to even be turned on after student has completed training.
Students in FOUNDATIONS
- Seattle Students
- The SOM Compliance Office sponsors clinical access for all Seattle Foundations students. This access is automatically turned on for Seattle Foundations students at matriculation.
- Non-Seattle Students
- For Research and other Service Learning projects, the project lead should sponsor clinical access for students participating in a project under their mentorship. The sponsor will need to submit the UW Medicine Account Change Request Form in order to indicate the start and end date of students clinical access.
Students in CLINICAL
- UW Students
- The School of Medicine Registrar sponsors clinical access for all UW SOM students participating in clerkships. This access is automatically turned on prior to the start of the Patient Care Phase of the curriculum. Email SomReg with questions or concerns.
- If student is on a LOA to participate in a Research or Service Learning project, the project lead should sponsor clinical access for students participating in a project under their mentorship. The sponsor will need to submit the UW Medicine Account Change Request Form in order to indicate the start and end date of students clinical access.
- Visiting Students
- The Clinical Department Clerkship Administrator sponsors clinical access for any visiting student rotating with them. The administrator submits the UW Medicine Account Activation Request Form. When an account has been activated for the visiting student, the administrator will email the student instructions to setup a password for the new UW Medicine/AMC account.
Students use their UW Medicine/AMC account to access clinical systems at UW Medicine facilities. Login to MyUW to access account details and password.