All medical students are registered for the ‘Epic Orders IP/OP Medical Student’ training bundle in case access is ever needed to the Epic EHR system at any of the following UW Medicine facilities:
- UW Medical Center – Montlake
- UW Medical Center – Northwest
- Harborview Medical Center
- UW Neighborhood Clinics
- UW Specialty Clinics
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
This training is required in order to receive access to Epic.
Login to the UW Learning Hub with your NetID account and click on the Learner Dashboard icon. You will see all modules of the training bundle you’ve been registered for, listed with a Start button on the right hand side of the screen.
You can also search (F1) for any of these specialty training bundles:
- Medical Student Anesthesia Rotation
- Medical Student Cardiology Rotation
- Medical Student Emergency Rotation
- Medical Student Obstetric Rotation
- Medical Student Oncology Rotation
- Medical Student Surgery Rotation
- Medical Student Epic Go Mobile
Student can expect to be able to access Epic in 3-business days after completing training.
Receiving UW Medicine Clinical Access
A manager must sponsor clinical access for you in order for your Epic access to be turned on after you have completed training.
- Seattle Students
- The SOM Compliance Office sponsors clinical access for all Seattle Foundations students. This access is automatically turned on for Seattle Foundations students at matriculation.
- Non-Seattle Students
- For research and other service learning projects, the project lead sponsors clinical access for students participating in a project under their mentorship. The project sponsor will need to submit the UW Medicine Account Change Request Form in order to indicate the start and end date of students clinical access.
- UW Students
- The SOM Registrar sponsors clinical access for all UW SOM students participating in clerkships. This access is automatically turned on prior to the start of the Patient Care Phase of the curriculum.
- Visiting Students
- The Clinical Department Clerkship Administrator sponsors clinical access for any visiting student rotating with them. The administrator submits the UW Medicine Account Activation Request Form. When an account has been activated for the visiting student, the administrator will email the student instructions to setup a password for the new UW Medicine/AMC account.
You will use your UW Medicine/AMC account to access clinical systems at UW Medicine facilities. Login to MyUW to access account details and password.
Phaedra Allen (email@example.com), SOM Academic & Learning Technologies
UW Medicine is committed to ensuring a successful transition to the new Epic electronic health record.
At Go-Live, Super Users will be dedicated to helping peers use the new system. Super Users will be in the departments and units and will be the first line of support. They will not be expected to perform their regular job duties.
If a Super Users is not available or cannot resolve the issue, the UW Medicine Help Desk (206-543-7012 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or Epic Hotline (206-520-2255) can be contacted for resolution.