Staff and Contact Information

Important UW Offices Related to Financial Aid

These services (other than the Veteran’s Center) are located at Schmitz Hall, 1410 NE Campus Parkway in Seattle. Schmitz Hall fills the block between Campus Parkway and 41st, and 15th Street and University Way. There is a concrete walkway that crosses 15th and links this building to the rest of campus.

225 Schmitz Hall

The University of Washington participates in the National Clearinghouse and the main Registrar’s Office sends student enrollment information to the National Clearinghouse 10 business days after the official start of each quarter (See Timeline). The National Clearinghouse then sends student enrollment information to participating lenders and servicers shortly after that. Check with your lender or servicer to see if they participate in the National Clearinghouse. You will be able to view this information on the Self-Service Enrollment link in MYUW.

  • Phone: 206.543.8580

105 Schmitz Hall

The main UW Financial Aid office; this office serves the entire UW student population.

​Note: When speaking to any financial aid person not in the School of Medicine Financial Aid Office, please make sure they are aware you are a medical student.

264 Schmitz Hall

Currently, non-resident students (excluding students in the WWAMI regional program) may apply for Washington resident status after they have lived in the state for at least 12 consecutive months as a legal resident. You must obtain a WA driver’s license/state ID, WA car registration, WA voter registration, and establish a bank account in Washington. You must relinquish all valid legal ties (for example, driver’s license, voter registration, etc.) with their former state of residence. See the Residence Classification website for complete details. To apply for Washington resident status or to be reclassified as a Washington resident (for Washington residents who attended college out of state) students must go through the Residence Classification Office.

129 Schmitz ​Hall

Student fiscal services. Promissory Notes for the UW. Short-term loans are also available here.

520 Schmitz Hall

If you have children age 12 or younger who will need child care during the academic year, you may be eligible for child care assistance offered through the University’s Student Parent Resource Center. To be eligible you must be enrolled at UW Seattle, in a program where you pay Service & Activity Fees and meet low-income limitations. Check this early in the year to note any deadlines for priority funding.

HUB Room 327

If you are a Veteran of the US military, you can find resources at the Veterans Center. This office provides financial aid counseling and assists students with VA educational benefits.