Introduction to Career Planning sessions held throughout WWAMI
- Tuesday, Nov. 14; 12:15 p.m.
- Health Sciences Building, Room T553
Session content includes:
- Key information and resources to support specialty and career exploration
- Preparing for 1:1 Career Advising appointments. These happen anytime January through May 2024
- Answering your career planning questions! We will send you the slide deck in advance so you can review it and bring questions
Linh Ngo and Sarah Thomson, your career advisors, look forward to seeing you at this session.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Friday, Nov 17; 11:45 a.m.
- Location TBA
The session for Alaska has already been held. Information about Idaho and Spokane will be shared when available.
Update on the 5-minute survey
From Sara Kim, Ph.D., associate dean for Educational Quality Improvement: Thank you so much for completing the 5-min internal survey during your class time. The graph below says it all. This is the first time I have seen this level of consistently high response rates including two campuses, Montana and Wyoming, at 100 percent.
Every voice helps us with the medical school accreditation report and contributes to ongoing quality improvement. Thank you!
“Tip of the Month” from the Career Advising Student Advisory Board
Now that you’re getting used to medical school, use your AAMC account to take this fun assessment to see what specialties you might fit well in. Let your results help guide your summer research, shadowing, etc.
If you enjoy this one, the AAMC has other assessments (specialties based on values, personality, skills) that you can take here.
- Reviewed by Career Advising Student Advisory BIPOC board member L’Oreal Kennedy. Originally written by BIPOC alum Shanelle Briggs.
In case you missed it, here is a link to the previous newsletter for MS1s.
Have a wonderful week!