MS3 Class Information – Sept. 28, 2023

Need to schedule Patient Care Courses? Tomorrow, Friday, it’s time!

Attention MS3 students needing three or more Patient Care courses to begin in Spring Quarter 2024 or later:

Submit your Patient Care clerkship preferences for time periods, geographic zones, and/or sites using eValue Optimization Scheduling (EVOS) before the deadline.

EVOS is an automated process that simultaneously considers your clerkship preferences, your classmates’ clerkship preferences, and site availability to create the best possible Patient Care schedules for everyone.

Preferencing opens: TOMORROW, Friday, Sept. 29, 2023, at 8 a.m. AK, 9 a.m. PT, 10 a.m. MT.

Preferencing closes: Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2023. 4 p.m. AK, 5 p.m. PT, 6 p.m. MT

Note: This is not a first-come, first-served course selection. It does not matter when you enter and submit your preferences as long as you do so within the timeframe above.

All the info you need – including preferencing preparation, how to enter preferences, when and where to get help, and lots of FAQs – is at https://education.uwmedicine.org/registration-records/ under the Patient Care Scheduling section.

Look for an email in your inbox Friday with more details.

Happy preferencing!

“Tip of the Month” from the Career Advising Student Advisory Board

You’re about a year out from your Residency Application  submission!

Still deciding on a specialty? That’s OK! Most students are in the same boat as you, and you have time to decide. Take the AAMC Careers in Medicine Self-Assessments  and schedule an October or November meeting with your career advisor. Be sure to select the appointment type MS3 4th Year Planning (25 min) here: https://uwsom-careeradv.12twenty.com/SignUp/Student.

Decided on a specialty? Think about what you can be doing this year to enhance your application. This can depend on your specialty, so talk with your career advisor to see if this means research, volunteering or leadership.

• Reviewed by Career Advising Student Advisory BIPOC board member L’Oreal Kennedy. Originally written by BIPOC alum Shanelle Briggs.
In case you missed it, here is the previous issue of the student newsletter for MS3s.

Have a wonderful week!