MS3 Class Information – Aug. 3, 2023

ICYMI: Don’t forget to complete your Infection Control Training by Aug. 10

All matriculated UWSOM students, including students on leave of absence and MSTP students in graduate school, are required to take and document Infection Control Training. The deadline for the Canvas training, quiz and attestation is Aug. 10.

Please self-enroll with your UW NetID using this link: https://canvas.uw.edu/enroll/R3CFWD. You will need to watch the donning and doffing PPE videos, then complete a three-question attestation in Canvas followed by the five infection control training modules (which will take about 15 minutes total). The quiz questions are embedded in the training modules.

Compliance will email you a certificate of completion which you can upload to your Castlebranch UW71 Compliance Tracker by Aug. 10.

“Tip of the Month” from the Career Advising Student Advisory Board

Scheduling comes up pretty quickly in the fall for MS3s, so start looking earlier to see what might be possible and talking to students ahead of you to discern their experiences and advice BEFORE the schedule process begins.

The Guide to 4th Year Planning website has all the information in one place to help you understand how to plan your upcoming Explore & Focus phase. The Explore & Focus Clerkships website is a great resource to learn about electives, APCs and SubIs. Peruse the Explore & Focus Clerkship Catalog to get a sense of possible options

Originally written by BIPOC alum Shanelle Briggs. Reviewed by Career Advising Student Advisory BIPOC board member L’Oreal Kennedy. 

In case you missed it, here is the previous issue of the student newsletter for MS3s.

Have a wonderful week!