Reminder to schedule with your career advisor: Sarah Thompson, Linh Ngo and Tonja Brown
If you have not already done so, your career advisor invites you to schedule your 40-minute required MS1 Intro to Career Planning appointment. Meet at any time from now until late May at a time that complements your academic studies. Please email your Foundations site specific career advisor if you can’t find a time that works for your schedule in the coming months.
Your next steps:
- Schedule your appointment in CAS: https://uwsom-careeradv.12twenty.com/SignUp/Student. Choose MS1 Intro to Career Planning (40 min) appointment type.
- Complete these two AAMC Careers in Medicine self-assessments. You’ll need about 40 minutes total.
- Review the following website content. You’ll need about 20 minutes.
- Choose two specialties that you are interested in from your MSPI assessment report and read the Specialty Guide for each.
- Choosing A Career –including Explore Your Career and Career Planning Timeline webpages.
Career Advising Student Advisory Board Tip of the Month
We hope you enjoyed Spring break! Now that you’re almost done with being an MS1, use your AAMC account to take this fun assessment and see what specialty you might fit well in. If you already have the results, discuss them with your Career Advisor and College Mentor. Let your results help guide your summer research, online career exploration, informational interviews, shadowing, etc.
Reviewed by Career Advising Student Advisory BIPOC board member L’Oreal Kennedy. Originally written by BIPOC alum Shanelle Briggs.
In case you missed it, here is the March 30, 2023 MS1 newsletter.
Have a wonderful week!