Nominate a faculty member to speak at the 2023 Physician’s Oath & Hooding Ceremony
Submit your nomination by Sunday, Feb. 12, for the ceremony keynote speaker at this link: The ceremony speaker will be a member of the UWSOM and WWAMI faculty.
Feb. 17: Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP) student prep session
Student Affairs, UWSOM Counseling & Wellness, Surgery, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Career Advising teams are hosting a collaborative session in the lead-up to Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP)/Match week for students wanting to know more about SOAP.
If you didn’t receive the number of interviews you had originally aimed for and are curious about or want to understand how SOAP works, we encourage you to join us. Review Career Advising’s SOAP page in advance of the 75-minute session.
- Day: Friday, Feb. 17
- Time: Noon AK, 1 p.m. PT, 2 p.m. MT
- Join via Zoom. Meeting ID: 955 0155 8964
The presentation portion of this session will be recorded, but for reasons of student privacy, the Q&A portion will not be recorded.
Register in order to receive event reminders.
AAMC webinar: Home financing for graduating medical students and residents
Tal Frank, president of PhysicianLoans (www.physicianloans.com), will explain the “ins and outs” of obtaining the best home financing for graduating medical students and residents. Emphasis will be placed on the proper steps to take when applying for a loan and important questions to ask loan officers.
Additional topics will include what loans are available to doctors (including special no money down home loans), understanding budgeting for a home purchase, debt ratios, and estimating funds required to close a mortgage.
- Register to attend this Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) webinar.
- When: Feb. 22, 2023 at 11 a.m. AK, noon PT, 1 p.m. MT.
Apply by Friday, Feb. 17, for the Magnuson Scholars Program
- Sponsor: Warren G. Magnuson Institute for Biomedical Research and Health Professions Training
- School of Medicine internal deadline: Feb. 17, 2023
- Funding per scholar: About $32,000
- Want to know more? Read the full post about this program here
UWORLD offers discount to students if they sign up by Tuesday, Feb. 14
A notice from Academic Support: UWORLD has offered our students a discount for six-month, one-year or two-year Step 2 CK question bank subscriptions. Prices shown on the website are at the discounted price. This link is active through Feb. 14.
- Visit the UWSOM UWORLD discount landing page: https://webforms.uworld.com/l/875311/2022-12-05/3989g7
- Provide your name, UW email address and choose your Step 2 CK subscription choice
UWORLD is not offering adjustments or discounts on previously purchased subscriptions. If you have questions, please contact UWORLD here.
- To learn more about the UWORLD Step 2 CK question bank and its features please visit: https://medical.uworld.com/usmle/usmle-step-2-ck/
- To access the UWORLD Step 2 CK question bank demo please visit: https://www.uworld.com/courseapp/usmle/v4/demo/welcome/2
In case you missed it, here is the previous newsletter for MS4s.