Missed the recent Syllabus to Specialty Faculty Panel Talks?
For excellent advice and insight into the following fields, watch the recordings of the Syllabus to Specialty Faculty Panels that occurred during the recent Foundation Integration Week. Panels were organized and sponsored by UWSOM Career Advising.
- Oliver Chang, M.D., acting assistant professor, UW Dept. of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
- Molly Blau, M.D., assistant professor, UW Dept. of Radiation Oncology
- Ethan Hua, M.D., clinical assistant professor, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, UW Dept. of Radiology
- Deepti Gupta, M.D., clinical adjunct, UW Dept. of Medicine, Division of Dermatology and associate professor, UW Dept. of Pediatrics
- Viet H. P. Nguyen, M.D., faculty physician, Swedish First Hill Family Medicine Residency
- Nina Tan, M.D., acting instructor, UW Dept. of Internal Medicine
Career Advising Student Advisory Board Tip of the Month
Now that you’re getting used to medical school, use your Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) account to take this fun assessment to see what specialties you might fit well for you. Let your results help guide your summer research, shadowing, etc. If you enjoy this assessment, the AAMC has other assessments (such as specialties-based on values, personality, skills) to take.
- Reviewed by Career Advising Student Advisory BIPOC board member L’Oreal Kennedy. Originally written by BIPOC alum Shanelle Briggs.
Have a great week!