MS1 Class Information – Aug. 25, 2022

ICYMI Learn about budgeting during webinar tomorrow, Aug. 26

The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) invites you to register for the Aug. 26 FIRST Friday webinar, “Budgeting as a Medical Student.”

The webinar will be held at 10 a.m. AK, 11 a.m. PT and noon MT on Aug. 26. Registered participants will receive a link to the recording.

Often, budgeting can be a little intimidating, especially if it is new to you! Join this webinar to better understand the budgeting process, learn tips that can help you stay within your budget and obtain information about a free budgeting tool from the AAMC that may help you better manage your income and expenses.

The registration link is  https://aamc-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_jKuWiwluQUikE0Auod4HHg

To view additional financial resources, visit the FIRST (Financial Information, Resources, Services and Tools) website at www.aamc.org/first.

Career Advising Student Advisory Board Tip of the Month 

You’ve gotten (or will soon get) tons of emails about extracurriculars! This may seem overwhelming during FMR, but think big picture about what might interest you career-wise. If you can, try to take on a leadership position for an interest group, volunteer project, or committee!  Make sure you don’t overcommit. Picking one to two extracurriculars this year to pour into is a fantastic way to kick off med school. Pathway applications will also open this fall and can be helpful in learning how to better serve historically excluded and marginalized communities!

• Reviewed by Career Advising Student Advisory BIPOC board member L’Oreal Kennedy. Originally written by BIPOC alum Shanelle Briggs.

In case you missed it: Here is a link to the Aug. 18, 2022 Student Newsletter Information for MS1s.

Have a great week!