MS3 Class Information – May 12, 2022

ICYMI: ERAS components timeline

Last Friday’s Residency Planning Newsletter detailed each application component and included the timeline below based on the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) deadline. If you haven’t already, be sure to read that newsletter (as well as all past editions) on the newsletter archive webpage.

NOTE: This timeline is specific to ERAS as that is the only system to have released their 2023 timeline. If you are applying in the military match or the San Francisco matching program, you can use this timeline as a reference but plan to work on these components one month earlier than detailed below.

Internship available in musculoskeletal outcomes research

The UW Medicine Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, in partnership with the Clinical Learning, Evidence And Research (CLEAR) Center  at the University of Washington, is pleased to offer a 1-year internship focused on musculoskeletal outcomes research. This program is being offered to medical students, or recent medical school graduates, interested in pursuing a career in orthopaedic surgery.

In addition to research co-mentored by departmental and CLEAR affiliated faculty, the internship will include a series of education opportunities; its goal is to enhance the potential for an academic career that incorporates clinical outcomes research. The internship will be supported by a monthly stipend.

Interested applicants (medical students or recent MD graduates) should forward a current CV and a brief (< 300 word) statement summarizing their qualifications and goals for the internship to Calina Garcia.

ICYMI: The Couples Match: MS4 panel

Curious to learn more about how the couples match process works? Hear from and ask questions of recently matched MS4 couples from a variety of specialties.

This session is open to all students, but Career Advising kindly asks that E19s have priority in asking questions of the panelists.

Wednesday, May 18, 5 to 6 p.m. AK, 6 to 7 p.m. PT, 7 to 8 p.m. MT
https://washington.zoom.us/j/97977937991
Sign up to get Email Reminders

(You may have seen this in the All-Student Newsletter but we wanted to highlight it again for MS3s)

Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month

Congrats on finishing third-year rotations! After Step 2, many of you will do a rotation in the field you wish to enter. Now is the time to meet or check in with your Specialty Career Advisor/s! Get on their radar as the new application cycle begins and ask for rotation tips (e.g., who to work with and get letters from).

• Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member, Shanelle Briggs, and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.

In case you missed it:

Here is a link to the May 5, 2022 Student Newsletter information for MS3s.