Careers in Biotech
The AAMC subcommittee, Training Opportunities for Physician Scientists (TOPS), invites students interested in applying to research residencies to learn more about Careers in Biotech. This virtual session will take place Thursday, March 10, 2022 from 4 to 5:30 p.m. AK, 5 to 6:30 p.m. PT, 6 to 7:30 p.m. MT. You can learn more and register here. Recordings will be available after each session here for those who do not register for the webinar.
Free AAMC Virtual Specialty Forum – March 31 – Register Now
The AAMC is hosting a free Virtual Specialty Forum on March 31, 2022. This is a great early career exploration activity targeted to first- and second-year students, although the event is open to all students.
Last year the registration filled up quickly, and so we urge you to reserve your spot early. Once you register you will have access to recordings, which you can watch later.
Focused on providing equitable access to specialty exposure, this free event provides content to enhance your clinical rotation experiences and specialty exposure to ground your career exploration and advising.
- Date and time: Thursday, March 31; 9-12 p.m. AK, 10–1 p.m. PT, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. MT
- Audience: Students early in their career (MS1s and MS2s) are encouraged to participate, though the event is open to all students
- Cost: There is no cost to participate
- Participating specialties: Anesthesiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, general surgery, infectious disease, internal medicine, ophthalmology, orthopaedic surgery, otolaryngology, pathology, pediatrics, preventive medicine, psychiatry, radiology, urology
- Specialty Representatives: Program directors, residents, specialty society representatives, practicing physicians, and others
We hope you can make it!
Tonja, Linh and Sarah, Career Advising
Academic Support Group Tutoring
Academic Support Group Tutoring sessions for Step 1 will now be recorded and made available on our Tutoring website: https://education.uwmedicine.org/student-affairs/academic-support/tutoring/. All future recordings can be found there. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month
Final stretch for many of you about to take Step 1! You got it!! Once you’re done, review the Specialty Exploration & Residency Planning During 3rd Year Clerkships video. You can then meet with your career advisor to discuss your PCP elective time and effectively leveraging your clerkships for specialty exploration and residency.
Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.
In case you missed it: