A greeting and invitation from Career Advising: Free AAMC Virtual Specialty Forum – March 31 – Register Now
The AAMC is hosting a free Virtual Specialty Forum on March 31, 2022. This is a great early career exploration activity targeted to first and second-year students, although the event is open to all students.
Last year the registration filled up quickly, and so we urge you to reserve your spot early. Once you register you will have access to recordings, which you can watch at a later time.
Focused on providing equitable access to specialty exposure, this free event provides content to enhance your clinical rotation experiences and specialty exposure to ground your career exploration and advising.
- Date and time: Thursday, March 31; 9-12 p.m. AK, 10–1 p.m. PT, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. MT
- Audience: Students early in their career (M1-M2) are encouraged to participate, though the event is open to all students
- Cost: There is no cost to participate
- Participating specialties: anesthesiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, general surgery, infectious disease, internal medicine, ophthalmology, orthopaedic surgery, otolaryngology, pathology, pediatrics, preventive medicine, psychiatry, radiology, urology
- Specialty Representatives: Program directors, residents, specialty society representatives, practicing physicians, and others
We hope you can make it!
Tonja, Linh and Sarah,
Winter Quarter 2022 MS1 Class Meeting Save the Date
We will be holding the Winter Quarter 2022 WWAMI-wide class meeting with the MS1s on Wednesday, February 23.
- Mountain Time: 7:30-8:30 pm
- Pacific Time: 6:30-7:30pm
- Alaska Time: 5:30-6:30pm
An email will be sent out soon with the agenda.
Academic Support Group Tutoring
Academic Support Group Tutoring sessions for CPR will now be recorded and made available on our Tutoring website: https://education.uwmedicine.org/student-affairs/academic-support/tutoring/. All future recordings can be found here. Contact email@example.com for any questions.
Career Advising Student Advisory Board
If you would like, you can now schedule your initial career advising and exploration meeting here. Taking time for career exploration early on will be super beneficial. Explore their website and bring questions for your career advisor!
Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member, Shanelle Briggs, and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.
In case you missed it: Here is a link to the Feb. 10, 2022 Student Newsletter Information for MS1s.