MS4 Class Information – Feb. 10, 2022

Important information about the Graduation Questionnaire 

You should have received an email from Drs. Ramsey, Allen, Kim and Tolbert about the AAMC’s GQ Survey. Your feedback is very important to us. Here is a link to the email that was sent on Wednesday. Please be sure to read it. There’s important information about the timing of the survey and other information that you’ll need.

Event: AAMC Loan Repayment Webinar for Graduating MS4s

Date: Thursday, February 17, 2022

Time:

• Alaska Time: 4 to 5:30pm
  • Pacific Time: 5 to 6:30pm
  • Mountain Time: 6 to 7:30pm

Zoom: https://washington.zoom.us/j/91699288233

Recorded: Yes

We strongly encourage all students to attend the webinar live so you can ask Julie Gilbert your questions. If you are only taking Transition to Residency (TTR) in Spring Quarter, please prioritize this webinar.

SOM Exit Interviews

School of Medicine exit interview sign-ups will open on Friday, February 18. You must attend a AAMC Loan Repayment Webinar or watch the recording before your exit interview. Exit interviews are strongly encouraged for students with more than $150,000 of debt.

Exit Interview Appointment Overview:

• 5 min: Questions and clarification on AAMC Loan Repayment Webinar content
  • 10 min: Review your worksheet answers and your MedLoans Calculator data
  • 5 min: Wrap up and finalize your repayment plan or highlight further research (as needed)

For more information, including the required pre-appointment worksheet, visit the MS4 Graduating Students webpage.

Learn more about SOAP

For MS4s applying to the 2022 NRMP Match, the Student Affairs, Surgery, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Career Advising teams are hosting a collaborative session in the lead-up to SOAP/Match week for students wanting to know more about SOAP. If you didn’t receive the number of interviews you had originally aimed for and are curious about or want to understand how SOAP works, we encourage you to join us.

Nominate Residents and Faculty for the Gold Humanism Honor Society – Deadline February 13

The Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS) is a national honor society that recognizes physicians and physician trainees who are humanistic exemplars for their peers, have a commitment to service, and demonstrate the utmost professionalism in medicine.

The UW GHHS chapter invites you to nominate faculty and residents whom you consider to be humanistic exemplars for consideration. Nominations are due by February 13.

Opportunity to participate as a research study subject:

Longitudinal test of communication skill training for health care providers to improve antibiotic stewardship with emerging adult patients

3rd and 4th year students are invited to participate in a study assessing an intervention to improve communication skills for discussing antibiotics with patients. Participants will be eligible for up to $100 compensation for completion of three surveys and viewing a set of short videos over a 3-month period. https://pennstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bxaCO9YQglE2HUa

Rank Order information

For MS4s applying in Match 2022

The recording from the Rank Order Q&A session may now be accessed. Please see this PDF of the Rank List Presentation.

With NRMP ranking opened on February 1, it is time to focus on your rank order lists.

We recommend starting by reading our Creating Your Rank Order List webpage and reviewing these resources to understand ranking:

1. NRMP Ranking Residency Programs website
  2. NRMP How the Match Algorithm Works Video Tutorial
  3. NRMP Entering and Certifying a Rank Order List Support Guide
  4. For advice about creating your rank order list, read the Creating Your Rank Order List webpage

Submitting Rank Lists for Prelim/Advanced Programs
If you applied to preliminary programs, you will also create a supplemental list where you rank preliminary programs (only) and sync them to a specific advanced program listed on your primary ROL. There is detailed information on our Creating Your Rank Order List webpage about supplemental lists.

Submitting Rank Lists for Couples Match
If you are applying in the Couples Match, be sure to review our Couples Match webpage as well as our Creating Your Rank Order List webpage, which contains detailed information and other NRMP resources. If you are participating in the Couples Match, you are strongly encouraged to meet with Career Advising to review your rank order list.

For any ranking questions, meet with Career Advising or your Specialty Career Advisor.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Winter Quarter 2022 MS4 Class Meeting Save the Date

We will be holding the Winter Quarter 2022 WWAMI-wide class meeting with the MS4s on Thursday, March 3.

• Mountain Time: 7:00-8:00 pm
  • Pacific Time: 6:00-7:00 pm
  • Alaska Time: 5:00-6:00 pm

An email will be sent out with the Zoom information in the near future.

In case you missed it:

Here is a link to the Feb. 3, 2022 Weekly Student Newsletter information for MS4s.