CBC Compliance Required – deadline Jan 31, 2022
E20 Students are required to renew their criminal background check (CBC) in January of 2nd year. Students with any new criminal findings on their criminal background check will be required to meet with the Associate Dean for Student Affairs.
ALL students are required to maintain compliance, including concurrent degree students (MSTP), students on a leave of absence and expanded students.
Per the Student Handbook, students must complete a CBC upon admission, in January of second year, in January prior to graduation, and every two years if on an expanded schedule.
There are two components to CBC compliance:
❶ Complete the UW Self Disclosure, Consent and Release of Information Form – Matriculated Students using your UW Student ID number as your signature. Please make sure you have the correct student ID number. This link will take you to the form.
❷ Instructions for renewing background checks through CastleBranch:
- Paste the following link into your browser:
Select: Compliance Tracker
- Select UW71bg: I need to order my Background Check
- Follow the prompts. You will be asked to enter your personal identifiers including SSN and DOB and address.
- Addresses and Aliases: You will be asked to list your current address. The residence history search will find all prior addresses. Likewise, you will be asked to enter your current name. The SSN search will find all previous names.
- You will be asked to authorize a $47.50 charge to your debit or credit card. Do not pay for anything extra! The $47.50 flat fee includes all aliases and addresses. International address searches are not required. If you are charged more please email Laura Ellis.
- The Statewide Criminal WA is required by WA State law for all healthcare workers. So even if you live in another state, because you are a UW student, the search needs to be done.
- Your order confirmation should look like this:
If you have technical issues with the myCB site, please contact myCB Service Desk via phone, chat or email: 1-888-914-7279, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to submit the UW Self Disclosure, Consent and Release of Information Form – Matriculated Students as mentioned in step 1 above.
If the above deadline is not met your college mentor will be notified. Thanks for your immediate attention to this important SOM compliance requirement.
Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month
We hope you had a restful winter break! We know you’re focused on Step 1 studying now so feel free to lean into that and put specialty/career planning on hold. Step 1 studying is often the first time students start to “feel like doctors” as you get to integrate everything you’ve learned thus far. Since this exam is now pass/fail, consider taking the exam once you are achieving comfortable passing scores consistently in UWorld and on NBMEs. Using the rest of your break to relax and do the things you love can give you the reset you need before heading into clerkships. Good luck everyone!
Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member, Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.