Preclinical Town Hall Meeting for MS1 and MS2 Students
Date: Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Start: 5pm Alaska / 6pm Pacific / 7pm Mountain
Location: Link will be forwarded via email
Led by: MSA and UWSOM Deans
Proactive Advising & Academic Support
As you prepare for your upcoming exams and continue with your tenacious efforts to do well, we wanted to share a few reminders and helpful suggestions for success that may be useful for you as you progress through this block and quarter.
Academic Support Resources
· Learning specialists are a useful resource and can work with you to strengthen your study techniques or skills
· Tutoring – you can book an appointment here
Be sure to learn how to calculate your thread grades now and moving forward by visiting this site: https://canvas.uw.edu/courses/1400495/pages/thread-grades-3?module_item_id=11495022
· Questions regarding thread grades, contact email@example.com
Personal and Mental Wellbeing
The great Audre Lorde once said, “If I didn’t define myself, I would be crunched into other people’s fantasies for me and eaten alive.”
It is encouraged that you take some time to take care of yourself. Some options to consider:
· Counseling & Wellness Services: https://education.uwmedicine.org/student-affairs/counseling-wellness/
· Lean on your support community within UWSOM and externally
· Within UWSOM, you have a community who are here to support you and your success – some of these folks include: College mentors, the Student Affairs team, Foundations Deans and administrative folks, peers, counselors, and other mentors or advisors.
Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month
Winter break is a great time for some early specialty exploration! Did you get a chance to take the specialty assessment we suggested last month? If so, now you can check out the AAMC CiM Specialties Profiles and see things like the 5 most frequently encountered conditions for each specialty! To explore specialties even further, go to Career Advising’s Career and Specialty Exploration Podcasts and Videos! Having this data will be super helpful for when Career Advisors have time to meet with you starting in February!
Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member, Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.
In case you missed it: