MS1 Class Information – November 4, 2021

Informational Series: Postgraduate Physician Scientist Training Opportunities

The AAMC subcommittee on Physician Scientists Postgraduate Training announces a virtual discussion series for students interested in applying to research residencies. These 90min sessions are exclusively for students to get more information about:

• research residencies generally
  • individual specialties
  • individual programs
  • the application process,
  • and to directly ask their questions to PSTP directors, trainees and fellows who are in, or have recently completed research residencies.

Our next session, Wed., Nov. 17, 8-9:30 pm Eastern, will be a conversation on: Preparing early: What to think about in your 1st and 2nd Med School Years.

This session will be of special interest to MD students who are considering a research residency.

Register to join the November conversation here.

Recordings will be available after each session (here) for those who do not register for the webinar. Contact sgentzler@aamc.org with questions. 

Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month

Now that you’re getting used to medical school, use your AAMC account to take this fun assessment to see what specialties you might fit well in. Let your results help guide your summer research, shadowing, etc. If you enjoy this one, the AAMC has other options (specialties based on values, personality, skills) that you can take.

Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member, Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.

In case you missed it:

Here is a link to the October 28, 2021 Student Newsletter Information for MS1s. That issue included the following.

• Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month about the Triple III requirement.