Managing Student Loans During Residency – November 4, 2021, at 3pm Pacific, and November 5, 2021 at 11am Pacific
- Register for the November 4th FIRST Friday webinar at 2pm Alaska, 3pm Pacific, 4pm Mountain
- Register for the November 5th FIRST Friday webinar at 10am Alaska, 11am Pacific, 12pm Mountain
- Register for one of these informative webinars, to learn answers to commonly asked student loan and debt management questions. We will discuss: how to choose the best repayment plan, when postponing payments is a better option, and whether refinancing or consolidating is right for you. We will also provide information about the current state of Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF), the CARES Act, and more.
Privacy, Confidentiality, and Information Security Compliance Deadline: Sunday, November 15, 2021
UW Medicine requires all medical students to learn how to properly safeguard confidential information and comply with standards for personal accountability for data stewardship. Students need to view the attached presentation and review, sign, and return the attached Privacy, Confidentiality, and Information Security (PCISA) form to SOM compliance staff.
This is an annual SOM and UW Medicine compliance requirement.
All students, including concurrent degree/MSTP students and students on a leave of absence are required to maintain compliance.
Please complete the following in order to meet the UW Medicine Data Stewardship requirements:
1. Please view the attached Personal Accountability slides. There are 18 slides plus some resources pages. The main points being:
- ENCRYPT your devices, never leave PHI in your car
- Watch out for phishing
- Don’t talk about patients on social media, even if you don’t mention names
- If an unencrypted device that is storing PHI is lost or stolen it is bad, very bad (UW subject to investigations, fines, lawsuits, sanctions etc.
2. Once done viewing the slides, download the form from this link: http://depts.washington.edu/comply/docs/002_F1.pdf.
Fill in these fields as such:
- Department: SOM
- Job Title: Medical Student
- Supervisor: Laura Ellis
3. Return the signed form to us:
- Typewritten signatures are accepted as long as you also type your UW Student ID Number on the form and email it to us from your UW.edu email account. Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please make sure it is returned as an attached as one PDF document labeled: Last Name, First Name, PCISA 2021. We can also accept photos as one document.
4. All completed PCISA forms will be countersigned and uploaded into your E*Value Personal Records.
5. If you have follow-up questions on how to encrypt your devices, please reference the following UW Medicine ITS Security webpage at https://depts.washington.edu/uwmedsec/ OR email SOM Academic and Learning Technologies group at email@example.com.
Thanks very much for completing the training and encrypting your devices. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
MS4 Class – Autumn Meeting
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
- 7-8PM Mountain
- 6-7PM Pacific
- 5-6PM Alaska
This meeting is for WWAMI-wide MS4 students, and will be led by Dr. Suzanne Allen and associates. The agenda is TBA.
Zoom link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/98122340929
In Case You Missed It…
There were no updates last week for MS4s.