In the spring of 2024, the UW School of Medicine will transition to Trumba, the main UW Event Calendar system. There are many advantages to Trumba for students, staff and faculty.
- Event listings will be easier to read and contain more useful information for someone who wants to attend an event
- You can view calendar listings for the day, week, month, or any time period you specify
- You can view events as a list, as icons or with short descriptions
- You can save calendar items to your own personal calendar housed under your UW NetID
There are also advantages to people who want to publicize an event. Your event will be entered into the entire UW events system. You can post an event on multiple SOM calendars.
We presently have the calendars listed below. As of February, these only contain example listings to allow us to train the people who post calendar events. We will communicate through the student e-newsletter and Listservs when these calendars have actual event listings:
- All events in the UWSOM MD program, including all events from the other calendars
- MD student activities
- News of interest for MS1s
- News of interest for MS2s
- News of interest for MS3s
- News of interest for MS4s
- News of interest to WWAMI faculty and staff
With just one event listing, someone can post an event to several relevant calendars – for example, a student activity of particular interest to MS1s might appear on both the MS1 and student activity calendars.
As we test the system – and most importantly, as you and your peers use the system – we will likely change or add calendars. Whether you post events or just want to know what’s going on, you can always send us feedback about the calendar.
Our intention is for this calendar to serve all of WWAMI. It is our intent to capture all important events to students in Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho. The calendar URLs have the letters “sea” in them but that is a default setting within Trumba and does not reflect our geographic reach.