If you meet the qualifications listed in the Guidelines for Faculty Mentors, there are two ways to become a Faculty Mentor for a medical student on a scholarly project:
1. Provide a brief description of your project by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This information will be collated into a Directory of Faculty Projects and made available to students annually on November 1.
- Interested students will contact faculty to discuss working together by December 31, and if both will agree upon the project, the student will then work with you to complete a brief Project Proposal form.
- For the E20 class, the student must submit their proposal to the Director of Medical Student Scholarship by March 1, 2021.
2. If you are already in contact with a student, you may directly arrange with them to supervise their project. If you make such an arrangement, do not submit a faculty project description under (1) above. Simply assist your student with the completion of the brief Project Proposal form. The student must submit this proposal to the Director of Medical Student Scholarship by March 1, 2021.