Student Advisory Board members provide feedback to enhance the career advising experience for all students. Members serve as liaisons to their cohorts on career planning initiatives.
- 2021-22 Focus: The board will continue to provide perspective as Career Advising enhances the student experience. Specifically, the Board will focus on:
- Enhancing Career Advising Resources and Supports for URiM and BIPOC students
- Alignment of career advising to the curriculum
- May include working with Student Interest Groups to explore if it is possible to align the timing of panel offerings with the 2022 Foundation Blocks
- Partnering with Student Interest Groups to develop “career exploration best practices” that are incorporated into career-focused interest group sessions
- Commitment: This is an annual commitment with the option of reapplying yearly for continued Board membership. Members attend quarterly Zoom meetings, with additional small group meetings as needed, and respond to communication seeking input on career planning topics.
- Structure: The SAB is composed of 25 student members, representing MS1s-MS4s across each of the six WWAMI sites. The Board strives to amplify BIPOC voices.
Information about joining the 2022-23 Advisory Board will be available on this page and via email in late Summer/early Fall.
2021-22 SAB RepresentationMembers are selected across class years and foundation sites.
|Alaska Foundations Site||Idaho Foundations Site||Montana Foundations Site||Seattle Foundations Site||Spokane Foundations Site||Wyoming Foundations Site|
|Cara Chapman, MS1||Mike Reynolds, MS3||Sumner Lawson, MS2||Bisu Asmerom, MS2||Shanelle Briggs, MS4||Madeleine Isler, MS2|
|Nianiella Dorvall, MS2||Samuel Schwarz, MS4||Aaron Lyon, MS1||Valerie Fuchs, MS2||Kelly Laird, MS4||Logan Taylor, MS4|
|Sarah Lee, MS2||Jacob Tadje, MS2||Brenna Ostertag, MS3||Mary Gwin, MS4||Aidan Lopez, MS1||Bailey Theis, MS1|
|Kathryne Mitchell, MS2||MaKenna Stavins, MS4||L'Oreal Kennedy, MS3|
|Heather Mahurin, MS4|
|Meghan Noonavath, MS2|
|Chris Rumer, MS3|
|Stefan Schoen, MS3|