All MS4s applying to match must complete a required mock interview with a UW faculty member prior to the start of residency interview season. Students who are dual applying will need to select one of their specialties to complete their one mock interview. Mock interviews are coordinated by Career Advising and Student Affairs.
Students Applying to Match 2022
This year, all mock interviews will be virtual and will last 30 minutes: 20 minutes for interview questions and 10 minutes for feedback.
The program will be offered over a period of 5 weeks in the summer/fall of 2021. These weeks were selected to avoid the first and last week of a clerkship and their proximity to the ERAS application deadline. Most mock interviews will be offered September 20-24 during your break week.
- August 30 – September 3
- September 7 – 10
- September 20 – 24
- October 4 – 8
- October 11 – 15
See the table below for Specialty Career Advisors’ recommendations regarding interviewers for smaller specialties.
|If you are applying in…||You should interview with a faculty from…|
|Emergency Medicine||Emergency Medicine|
|Family Medicine||Family Medicine|
|Internal Medicine||Internal Medicine|
|Med-Peds||Internal Medicine or Pediatrics|
|Med-Psych||Internal Medicine or Psychiatry|
|Orthopedic Surgery||Orthopedic Surgery|
How to Prepare
Before Mock Interview:
- Read the Interviewing for Residency webpage.
- Upload a copy of the most recent draft of your personal statement and CV at least 48 hours in advance. The upload link will be included on the sign-up page.
During Mock Interview:
- Treat this like a real residency interview to get the most out of the experience.
After Mock Interview:
- Continue to practice interviewing and build your skills based on feedback.
- Review your PDF evaluation from your faculty member. It will be emailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org within 1 week of completing your mock interview.
Questions? Contact Rachel Palfini at email@example.com