Name and Address Changes

Publishing Page Content In Right Rail

Page Content

​Contact Information Change

Each time you change your contact information, it is essential that you notify the following three offices:

  • School of Medicine Academic Affairs Office (A-300) 
  • Campus Registrar’s Office (via MyUW) 
  • Campus Financial Aid Office

A form for this process is available from the Reception Desk in A-300 Health Sciences, or you can fill out the electronic form.

Name Change

If a name change occurs, these same offices must be notified and verification (such as a driver’s license or marriage license) of the reason for the name change must be presented at the time of notification. Please present your documentation to the SOM Registrar’s Office located in A-300 Health Sciences, 206.685.7975. An electronic form​ can be downloaded and filled out electronically, but the form must be signed by hand and the hard copy sent or given to the SOM Registrar’s Office. Please contact the UW Registrar at 206.543.5378 or visit the UW Name Change web page for information on the procedure for changing your name at the Main Registrar’s Office.

Since your name has changed, you will also need to update your photo ID badge that was issued through the UW Medical Center. Please contact Sarah Wood in the Student Affairs Office for the appropriate ID badge request paperwork. She can be reached in-person in A-300 Health Sciences, by phone at 206.543.5560, or via email at

Publishing Page Content In Right Rail