The design of our new curriculum relies more heavily on information technology than ever before.
Over the past several years, we have made significant improvements in certain aspects of our educational technology systems.
- Common platform for course web sites across WWAMI
- Video production and distribution tools for recorded class sessions and pre-recorded videos of mini-lectures (vodcasts)
- In-class technologies (e.g., audience response)
- Common evaluation system and a centralized reporting system
- Collaborative technology (videoconferencing and web conferencing) for synchronous distributed teaching
- Computer-based exams
- Investigation of mobile technology for learning, especially tablet devices and eBook versions of course syllabi
The School of Medicine plans to build on these recent developments in the next several years to remain at the forefront of educational technology. This effort will focus on the primary areas of: