UWSOM students who test positive for COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2), have a known COVID-19 exposure or develop symptoms of COVID-19 should:
- Leave the clinical environment and contact your Foundations dean.
- Seek medical care if needed.
- Between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., call the blood borne pathogen number, (206) 906-8996, identify yourself as a UWSOM medical student and ask to speak with the campus health physician.
- Follow the instructions from the campus health physician.
- Let the Foundations Dean know of the workplace exposure or symptoms and the recommendation of the campus health physician.
- Let the clinical site director know of the workplace exposure or symptoms and the recommendation of the campus health physician.
- Follow any additional instructions given by your regional campus.
- Let Dr. Tolbert, Interim Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, email@example.com, know about the situation and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inform UW Environmental Health & Safety by filling out this survey. If you have any COVID-related questions, you can email email@example.com.
~ Updated July 6, 2022