UWSOM Financial Aid Presents: Budget & Credit Webinar
- Date: Mon., Nov. 8, 2021
- Time: 5 pm Alaska / 6 pm Pacific / 7 pm Mountain
- Zoom: https://washington.zoom.us/j/96825587782
- The presentation lasts one hour and will be recorded.
Trying to figure out the best way to stretch your dollars or keep track of your funds during medical school? Join Financial Aid Counselor, Tabitha Jungck, as she shares resources, tips, tricks and advice that she’s garnered over her 12 years working with medical student finances.
- 20 min.: Budgeting
- 10 min.: Basics of Credits
- 30 min.: Group Q&A
Informational Series: Postgraduate Physician Scientist Training Opportunities
The AAMC subcommittee on Physician Scientists Postgraduate Training announces a virtual discussion series for students interested in applying to research residencies. These 90min sessions are exclusively for students to get more information about:
- research residencies generally
- individual specialties
- individual programs
- the application process,
- and to directly ask their questions to PSTP directors, trainees and fellows who are in, or have recently completed research residencies.
Our next session, Wed., Nov. 17, 8-9:30 pm Eastern, will be a conversation on: Preparing early: What to think about in your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Years of Med School Years.
This session will be of special interest to MD students who are considering a research residency.
Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month
As you know, 3rd year is busy! Something you can do to thank your future-self is to make/edit your CV whenever you have some down time (e.g., month off, “chill” rotation). Having a solid CV is necessary for away rotation applications in the Spring and you’ll use this info almost word-for-word in ERAS when you’re applying. Check out our CV page for videos and templates.
Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member, Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.
Autumn MS3 Class Meeting
Nov. 19, 2021 17:00 Alaska, 18:00 Pacific, 19:00 Mountain
Duration: One hour
LED BY: Dr. Allen & Associates
Who should attend: WWAMI-wide MS3 students
In case you missed it:
Here is a link to the October 28, 2021 Student Newsletter Information for MS3s. That issue included:
- 3 Career Planning Resources to Assist You With 4th Year Planning
- Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month on resources to help you set your 4th year schedule.