MS3 Class Information – November 4, 2021

UWSOM Financial Aid Presents: Budget & Credit Webinar

Trying to figure out the best way to stretch your dollars or keep track of your funds during medical school? Join Financial Aid Counselor, Tabitha Jungck, as she shares resources, tips, tricks and advice that she’s garnered over her 12 years working with medical student finances.

Webinar overview:

• 20 min.: Budgeting
  • 10 min.: Basics of Credits
  • 30 min.: Group Q&A

Informational Series: Postgraduate Physician Scientist Training Opportunities

The AAMC subcommittee on Physician Scientists Postgraduate Training announces a virtual discussion series for students interested in applying to research residencies. These 90min sessions are exclusively for students to get more information about:

• research residencies generally
  • individual specialties
  • individual programs
  • the application process,
  • and to directly ask their questions to PSTP directors, trainees and fellows who are in, or have recently completed research residencies.

Our next session, Wed., Nov. 17, 8-9:30 pm Eastern, will be a conversation on: Preparing early: What to think about in your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Years of Med School Years.

This session will be of special interest to MD students who are considering a research residency.

Register to join the November conversation here.

Recordings will be available after each session here for those who do not register for the webinar. Contact sgentzler@aamc.org with questions.

Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month

As you know, 3rd year is busy! Something you can do to thank your future-self is to make/edit your CV whenever you have some down time (e.g., month off, “chill” rotation). Having a solid CV is necessary for away rotation applications in the Spring and you’ll use this info almost word-for-word in ERAS when you’re applying. Check out our CV page for videos and templates.

Written by Career Advising Student Advisory Board member, Shanelle Briggs and reviewed by a second BIPOC Board member, L’Oreal Kennedy.

Autumn MS3 Class Meeting

Nov. 19, 2021 17:00 Alaska, 18:00 Pacific, 19:00 Mountain

Duration: One hour

https://washington.zoom.us/j/93679138747

LED BY: Dr. Allen & Associates

Who should attend: WWAMI-wide MS3 students

Agenda TBA

In case you missed it:

Here is a link to the October 28, 2021 Student Newsletter Information for MS3s. That issue included:

• 3 Career Planning Resources to Assist You With 4th Year Planning
  • Career Advising Student Advisory Board – Tip of the Month on resources to help you set your 4th year schedule.